Carriers – how to meet your contractual commitments?
Plan your transport optimally to meet your commitments: quality, cost, delivery times, CO2
In an ever-changing environment, you encounter new challenges, increasingly complex flows, a growing number of stakeholders, and the imperative to control CO2 emissions. To maintain competitiveness and ensure the long-term future of your business, adherence to your commitments and the SLAs encompassing quality, costs, deadlines and CO2 emissions sets you apart.
To meet your contractual commitments, control your costs and minimize your carbon footprint, you need to make sure you put the right resources into satisfying your sometimes fluctuating customer needs.
Who is involved ?
The service rate is a key indicator for all carriers, and its management through controlled transport planning concerns both operational staff and site managers. The optimization of the plan and the monitoring of indicators are the result of collaboration between central teams and local branch teams.
Keeping track of your commitments requires fine-tuned management of the transport plan by the planner. His expertise, coupled with the decision-support tool, will enable him to eliminate time-consuming tasks and devote his time to higher-value tasks. For example, he can concentrate on cases requiring arbitration or precise action.
With DCbrain, you will be able to :
- Take into account your customers’ constraints and contractual obligations (delivery, appointment times, etc.) and integrate them into the transport plan.
- Combine volumes from different customers or suppliers to reduce the number of trucks on the road
- Set up direct flows for certain customers to lighten or eliminate under-used lines
- Simulate SLA changes by defining prioritization strategies between products and delivery points
To do this, you will need :
- Data from your network: sites, distance and time matrices… as well as from your fleet, to create the digital twin of your organization.
- Identify all your constraints (working hours, delivery slots, type of merchandise….), so you can optimize your operations to reflect your reality.
- Your contractual and pricing conditions, costs, average volumes and/or order books to optimize your plan.
With clear benefits:
Meet your commitments and improve service levels by better managing your plans
Integrate the environmental impact of your activity into your contractual commitments
Fewer time-consuming tasks for the planner, for more high value-added missions.
Ready to get started to boost your Supply Chain ?
We are convinced that AI can facilitate logistics planning and will prove it to you via a demo.